We’re looking for a proactive, enthusiastic social media intern to Facebook, Tweet, and G+ for a commitment of at least 3 months.
- Able to work independently and collaboratively
- Interested in contemporary art or performance
- A strong communicator
- Able to manage your time effectively, set goals, and follow through
- Available to meet with our Communications Chair at a regular evening or weekend time to chat about ideas and progress
Ideally, you’d devise a social media marketing plan for Vox Populi and our adjoining AUX Performance Space, then execute, evaluate, and develop it over time. We will provide as much support as you need, but you’ll have freedom to figure things out for yourself too. This could involve:
- Updating Facebook, Twitter, G+, and other accounts daily
- Researching the best social media marketing tactics
- Researching how to make the most of new social media platforms as they emerge
- Using web stats to evaluate social media campaigns
- Blogging about events at AUX Performance Space
- Editing images and video
The position is unpaid with flexible hours. It’s a fantastic opportunity to initiate and to shape the social media strategy of one of Philadelphia’s best loved exhibition and performance spaces.
Please send the following items:
- one writing sample, 400–1000 words (blog post, clipping from school paper, exhibition review, or similar)
- links to at least two of your active social media accounts (twitter, facebook, blog, G+, or similar)
- resume and brief, thoughtful cover letter
addressed to Becky Hunter, Communications Chair, Vox Populi Gallery: firstname.lastname@example.org.